Thursday 5 December 2013

Father Christmas Visits Chimoio December 2013

All photographs made available by Bob Manser (RhAF)

Pixie is John Blythe Wood Jnr pilot 
No Prizes for guessing who Father Christmas is!

Getting the helicopter ready to fly

Push Starting the helicopter with Father Christmas showing which way to push

We are on our way

Here he comes!

Look at all the parcels in the bag.

Off to the party.

Whew - that was hard work.

Away in a manger

Community children







End

Thanks to Bob for sharing these photographs and memories with ORAFs.

Comments are welcome  please mail me on orafs11@gmail.com.

To view the Blog Home Page - Please Click Here
(Please visit our previous posts and archives

Ref. Rhodesia

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At 5 December 2013 at 10:37 , Blogger Unknown said...

This set of pics brought man tears to my eyes. Thank you for sharing.
Gary Wade

 
At 5 December 2013 at 12:38 , Blogger Unknown said...

Wonderful. I feel all choked up...
I think I've been away from Africa too long, and missed all the name changes. I thought Chimoio was in Moçambique (note the correct lettering.!)..? Obviously there is another one.
How happy and relaxed everyone looks. Makes me want to come home.
Will Ransom

 
At 5 December 2013 at 19:15 , Blogger Rhodesia Remembered said...

Brian Snyman (RhAF) Writes:-

Having just seen Bob Manser's pics of Father Christmas alighting from his fire-engine red Alo, I am amazed that these people, I assume, live in Chimoio. I also assume they farm the land and provide jobs to the locals too - typical old Rhodesian spirit and I take my hat off to them.
I subsequently looked further into Alo ZU-RFI and found a posting from you in Jan 2012, with Bob Manser requesting any info regarding this Alo. If he is still looking for info, I have some for him - just let me know if I can send it to him directly or if it must go via yourself.

 
At 10 May 2019 at 11:15 , Blogger Mary robinson said...

I believed in Santa until I was 11 and only found out he wasn't real when i started to grown up. Anyway here this santa played a great role and children are looking so happy in their face.Regards: Case study writing service

 
At 15 January 2020 at 07:11 , Blogger Leo5 said...

This set of pics brought man tears to my eyes. Thank you for sharing.

Sony WALKMAN App

 
At 3 September 2020 at 08:21 , Blogger Shivaani said...

Hey, What's up, I'm Shivani. I'm an application developer living in Noida, INDIA. I am a fan of technology. I'm also interested in programming and web development. You can download my app with a click on the link. Best astrologer
Astro guru online
Best astrologer
Talk to astrologer
Best astrologer
Online pandit
Online astrologer in delhi NCR

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home